Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just got a call from Dave......

July 16, 2007 - Monday 
Current mood:  sad


Dave talked to Cheryl today and it appears that Paul's vital organs are shutting down. She is having to give him morphine drops to ease the pain and hospice will be bringing in a hospital bed tomorrow. He hasn't eaten anything in 2 days. As it stands right now Dave and I are making plans to go visit him this weekend as we both feel he won't live to see August come. Being as I have been through this before with my father & brother Roy I need to be there to give Dave moral support as him & Paul became very close while Dave was living in Michigan....... and I feel an "obligation" to be there for Paul too as he has been like a brother to me. It will be one of the most depressing roadtrip I will ever have to make but it must be done. Just as I have asked you all to have good thoughts and pray for Paul please don't forget to include his mother Cheryl and keep me & Dave in mind also as we both will be pushed to our breaking point.
 
 I want to thank anybody who has expressed a kind thought as it helps me deal with the helplessness that I had felt with Paul's illness that is not much different than the helplessness I felt with the passing of my own brother back in 1999. I will get through this somehow. I hope that all the rest of Paul's friends will remember the happy times we had together going from one Metallica show to the next for as long as we remember those moments his spirit will never die.
 
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment